Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Politicians Tea Party




I had a bizarre day-dream a few years ago that I was Alice in Wonderland and I stumbled into the "mad Tea Party". What was Bizarre was that the party wasn't hosted by the Hatter or the Dormouse, I was joined by politicians and historical figures such as Stalin, George W. Bush, Putin. In my dream they were all having cakes and tea and having "mad" political conversations and debates which had no sound arguments and in all sounded ridiculous. It was just like the "mad tea party"- I woke up to realize that my dream wasn't far off from reality, and that the guests at the tea party in my dream have at times said the most craziest things:

Bush: "I'm going to try to see if I can remember as much to make it sound like I'm smart on the subject"


Stalin: "Death is a solution to all problems. No man- no problem"

Putin: "the strengthening of our statehood is, at times, deliberately interpreted as authoritarianism"

Condoleezza Rice: "Punish France, ignore Germany, and forgive Russia"

Fidel Castro: "I never saw a contradiction between the ideas that sustain me and the ideas of that symbol, of that extraordinary figure, Jesus Crist"

Hitler: "Male a lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it"

Hugo Chavez: "I hereby accuse the North American Empire of being the Biggest menace to our planet"

Such "mad" talk has come from our world leaders and inspired me to do a art piece a couple years back titled The Politicians Tea Party. In that piece politicians are sitting around a table enjoying a tea party and talking the mad talk expressed above in the quotes. The last quote visible in the art piece is a quote from the book Alice in Wonderland :


Alice: "At any rate I'll never go there again!... it's the stupidest tea-party I ever was at in all my life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment